YRA NEW WEBSITE
The YRA is developing a "one stop shopping" website that will combine member payments and the online PHRF system all in one website. The website will be available early next year. You will receive an email notification when the site is up and running! This new website will streamline the entire process. We are looking forward to offering you this new and improved website as soon as possible.
In the meantime, we need to continue using the old system. To receive a 2014 PHRF certificate - new, renewal with changes, renewal without changes - see below. It is the same process as last year.
PHRF Certificates (for both GUEST and Active Members)
NOTE: Guest certificates are only available to boats from outside the Western Long Island Sound area and a copy of the out-of-area PHRF Certificate should be submitted when requesting a guest rating.
The process for obtaining a YRA Guest Certificate:
1. Join the YRA as a Guest ($50) or if you live in the YRALIS geographical areas, join as an Active Member with PHRF ($125). Remember your User ID and password.
2. Once paid, wait a day and log onto phrf.yralis.org Enter the same User ID you used to pay for your membership but create a new password. Redeem your coupon.
3. Follow instructions for renewing a boat or for obtaining a certificate for a new boat. If you have never had a YRA PHRF certificate, then ask for a PHRF for a new boat.
4. If changes to your boat or new boat, you will be given name and email of handicapper. Email your handicapper the out-of-area PHRF certificate.
5. If a renewal with no changes (as a Guest), email your out-of-area PHRF certificate to email@example.com.
5. Once your boat is rated, you will be able to view, download, print and save your PHRF by going to www.yralis.org. On top of homepage, go to Racing, PHRF Certificate List.
6. Questions? Call the YRA office (516-767-9240) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
KATTACK TRACKING SYSTEM
The YRA-LIS purchased the Kattack Sail Tracking Program (click here to go to the website) for 2013 and is making it available to all YRA members and Member Clubs for free! Kattack is an easy-to-use, affordable application that provides entertaining and enlightening sailboat race playback for yacht clubs, fleets, sailing schools, college programs and regattas. Kattack has the ability to keep record of all boats participating in a race in a standard
GPS data format and report it in both a review and real time aspect. Kattack’s low cost smart phone app (both iPhone and Android compatible) now allows skippers to use their mobile phone in place of a Kattack GPS tracking device.
The YRA successfully tested the Kattack Sail Tracking Program at the 2013 American Yacht Club Spring Series. In the past few weeks, the YRA held two workshops for those clubs interested in using the Kattack Tracking System. Many thanks to Sea Cliff YC and Larchmont YC for hosting these workshops. Now that the workshops are completed, the YRA expects that Member Clubs and One Design fleets will begin to incorporate the use of Kattack into their regattas.
There is no cost to member clubs to utilize Kattack. We believe that skippers will find Kattack to be an invaluable tool to help improve starting, boat handling, tactics and strategy.
For more information about the Kattack System, please click on the link at the top right hand side of this page.
||Black Rock YC - Wild Turkey Regatta
||New York Athletic Club YC/Huguenot YC - Turkey Day Reach
||YRA-LIS Annual Awards Meeting - 1700H @ Larchmont YC
Want to sell a boat or a set of sails? Maybe some nautical items that you don't need any longer?
POST A CLASSIFIED AD
on the YRA website.
IT'S FREE TO YRA MEMBERS!
Just click on the link at the top of this page for more information!
YRALIS is on FACEBOOK!
YRALIS has launched its own FACEBOOK page. For those with a
FACEBOOK account, type
The Yacht Racing Association of Long Island Sound
in the Search bar and LIKE US!
For those of you without a FACEBOOK account, either talk to
those younger crew who seem to know how to do everything and
have them help you. Alternatively, Google FACEBOOK and click on Help.
For more information on the YRALIS FACEBOOK page, click here.
Need a little extra help with FACEBOOK? Click here for a tutorial handbook.